- The key to finding out which of your datasets have permissions applied to them is now showing in the data lineage. Simply look for the key icon to identify secured datasets in your Power BI environment.
- Sentinel now tracks Power BI usage, storing log data in your own secure Azure SQL Database, which you can report on within Power BI, and retain for as long as you like.
- In order to let you have a sneak peek of the future you will now find the Sentinel Preview option on your configure page. We will be adding tasters of new functionality, when available, for users to have a play with! Our first one is Data Flows. As Microsoft continue to push forward developing this area, we will be right there with them helping you get a feel for what’s coming.
- We love our new diagrams and we are sure you will too! They look great and give you a little bit more with the option to expand to full screen and see all the links you need. Right-click and check out the table details then download the view you need for an offline copy to use however you wish.
- Looking after your payments is hugely important to us and we are now 3-D Secure enabled to help support the banks additional layers of security for online card transactions.
- Share the info and remember it’s good to talk! If you need to explain or highlight information for other users relating to datasets, connections, tables and more? You now have the option to add and edit comments relating to your reports. Any comments can be identified, highlighted and exported within your documentation .pdf and to view any existing comments simply hover over the speech bubble icon.
- Get to that report when you are in a hurry. The risk assessment and data lineage export .csv files now contain a URL link that you can copy into your browser and open up the Power BI report you need straight away.
- Admins suffering with too many personal workspaces under the same name now rest at ease. We have included Workspace ID under workspace display name to help identify who they really belong to.
View any changes in calculated columns and measures as part of the tracking functionality.
Expose datasets to do your own reporting from .csv files saved to your own BLOB storage.
Move through changes in the JSON information quicker with the View Previous and View Next Modification buttons.
Use Column Search to now locate measures needed.
Backup to your preferred timezone +\- UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) through the Backup Time Config.
Get your Risk information straight to any email device on a daily or weeklybasis so you are always a step ahead with the Sign up to Risk Assessment Report option.
- With the new Risk Assessment Report you can see the latest Backup and Dataset Refresh results all in one place.
- For admins who need to sign up users without Office 365 email accounts use the new Copy URL function and email the required access link to them.
- You know it’s there somewhere but where? We have added a new search function so that you can find those elusive columns in your Data sources.That’s still there? - following on from the search you can now see any unused columns in your data sources.
And for the real cherry on top... Cross the bridge between data source and data set with the addition of the Power Query M Code. Offering complete documentation alongside the DAX code, developers can now save time and easily see and re-use M code from other datasets. Exciting times!
- As your day gets busier and busier, we can now give you a prod to configure your workspace and check your backups are working the way you want with handy email reminders.
- Don’t get held back, get more Reports for your buck with our new licence upgrades Professional 250 and Enterprise 1000 and 5000, to manage 250, 1000 and 5000 reports respectively.
- Stay up to date with the Manage Your Subscription section and keep on top of your customer details, billing details and payment details.
- What’s the latest? Click on the Version Number in the app to get the latest Fixed/Changed/New.
- Wait…I backed that up too!…and they did! Manage your tenant backups globally to avoid multiple copies of the same thing, saving you storage space.
- We have added a new backup on demand button giving you the ability to back up as required in addition to the scheduled daily and weekly options.
- The data source explorer has been introduced so now you have the option to explore from the Data source through to report as well as the original lineage explorer.
- By double clicking on the datasets you can now see the refresh schedule set up in your Power BI reports. Making sure that what you are looking at is up to date and on the correct schedule.
- By double clicking on the data source you can now see the gateway detail as part of the overall diagram. Because you can never have too much information about your Power BI estate.
- To make life easier you can now download the required backup file directly from within change tracking to speed recovery.
- And the cherry on top! My workspace lineage explorer is now updated to the new API so Enterprise admins can now see reports, datasets & data sources from everyone's My Workspace in their organisation